Sunday, August 10, 2008

Do you like Oatmeal?

Do you and your family like oatmeal? I have found a baked oatmeal recipe at the moneysavingmom blog that takes 5 minutes to mix and everyone will love it.

I am 8 months pregnant and the cravings for strange things have definitely kicked in. Today it was oatmeal cookies. I made this recipe and it satisfied the craving. The great thing was I had everything on hand. It didn't take an additional trip to the grocery store.

I added raisins but you can add any type of fruit. I can't wait to try pumpkin puree during the fall when pumpkins are in season. Diabetics can substitute a sugar substitute for the sugar.

Oatmeal is good for you. Science claims that it will lower cholesterol, fight cancer, and control sharp sugar rises in diabetics. Plus its a good source of iron and protein, which us pregnant mommies need lots of.

When you try it, leave me a comment and let me know what you think of it. Did you change it or add something new? I am always looking for new ideas.


0 Comments: