Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Trip to CVS Today

Well, I have been putting off going to CVS this week, because I am just unsure of what we really need. I hate buying stuff we really don't need, even if it is on sale. So I think I am finally ready.

I need to get some candy to donate to the cheerleaders. They use it to make spirit sticks to throw into the stands and gift bags for the football players. We also need more diapers. We always need diapers. So I will take advantage of the $25 baby deals too.

Here's what it looks like:
Transaction #1: Candy for the Cheerleaders
2 bags of candy for $10 (It can't be chocolate or I would be buying the Hershey's Bliss.)
- $2 off $10 coupon (This coupon is on page 30)
-$5 ECB's
= $3 oop

Transaction #2: Baby Stuff
3 packs of Huggies $8.99 x2 = $26.97
- $2 off $10 coupon (see link above)
- $2.00 x 3 = $6.00 (From different baby magazines and mailers)
- $10 ECB's
= $8.97 oop + $5 ECB's + $3 in Caregiver Rebates = .97 total cash
This is a higher oop than I want but I am still getting 3 packs of diapers for close to the price of one.I think I am going to make one package an infant size for the new little one. Her due date is getting close.

Can you make these deals any better? Leave me a comment and let me know. Don't forget to join the Monday Coupon Challenge to win a potluck of 100 grocery coupons.

0 Comments: