Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pay It Forward Tuesday

It's Pay It Forward Tuesday time again. This is when we come together to challenge each other to do something nice for someone else. It's a way to give a little back to our world each week. With the hopes that we will make someone else's life a little sweeter.

How did you do last week? Did you donate food or school supplies? If you did, fantastic. If you didn't, its never to late to get started.

These week's challenge was inspired by an Internet friend. Kristy, if you are reading this, this is for you. One day last week, I was having a particularly bad day. Now you must understand, I am very pregnant, 34 weeks to be exact. We are in the home stretch. I was tired. I had been at the doctors all day. I had just found out that I would have to be on antibiotics for the rest of the pregnancy to fight an infection that won't go away until I am not pregnant anymore. I was pretty much feeling sorry for myself.

I decided to waddle, at this point that's all I do is waddle, myself out to the mailbox to get the mail. I found a mysterious package waiting for me. Since I always order lots of free samples, it is not too unusual to find a package in the mail. The intriguing part was that this mysterious envelope was from a coupon buddy and it was much bigger than a coupon envelope should be. I quickly waddled back to the house to open this surprise. My friend had sent me three beautiful baby outfits for the new little one. All I could do was sit there and smile. It turned my day completely around. I forgot about the yucky day I had. Insteadmy thoughts turned to how lucky I was to be pregnant and almost finished. Kristy's sweet gesture and thoughts meant more than she could realize.

Isn't this what Pay It Forward is all about? Doing something small to make someone else's day brighter? What can you do to make someone's day a little happier? Bring coffee or a danish to a co-worker who isn't expecting it. Take your mom's shopping list off her frig and go shopping for her. Leave a bouquet of flowers at your neighbor's door. Leave a pretty pen on your child's teacher's desk to find after everyone has gone home. Bake some cookies and leave them in the break room for everyone to find while they are relaxing. Put a small note in your husband's lunch bag or car seat letting him know how much you love him. Take your kids to the park for some playtime.

The possibilities are endless. Your goal is to make someone smile with an unexpected gesture. That can't be too hard. Right?

Leave a comment letting me know what you did and how it turned out. If you prefer to blog about it, post your link so we can visit ya!!!


0 Comments: